Think about someone you know with a show-stopping smile. Chances are that their teeth are a brilliant shade of white! If your teeth are looking yellow or discolored and you are searching for “teeth whitening near me,” then the team at Excel Dental is here for you! We provide both in-office and at-home professional teeth whitening options for patients in the Springfield, MO area.
How teeth become discolored and stained
There are many factors that can contribute to yellowing or stained teeth over time. Some of the most common causes include:
- Eating and drinking richly colored foods and beverages, such as red wine, coffee, tea, pasta sauce, or berries
- Using tobacco products
- Getting older: as we age, the enamel on our teeth naturally begins to thin, which makes the yellow-colored dentin layer beneath the enamel more visible
- Taking certain medications, including some antibiotics and blood pressure medications
- Overexposure to fluoride as a child (fluorosis), typically due to the fluoride content in drinking water
Why choose professional teeth whitening?
With a dizzying array of tooth whitening options available at your local grocery store or pharmacy, it can be tempting to grab some whitening strips or toothpaste. But beware! These products fall short of their claims to whiten your teeth by multiple shades, and they can lead to problems such as tooth sensitivity and sore gums. On the other hand, when you get your teeth professionally whitened at Excel Dental, there are many benefits:
- You can achieve a whiter, brighter smile with medical-grade whitening gels, which work better on stubborn stains than over-the-counter options.
- Our dentist works closely with you to whiten your teeth safely, using trays and techniques that are designed to keep the whitening gel on your teeth where it belongs—and off your sensitive gums and soft tissues.
- For patients with sensitive teeth, we can take measures to reduce your sensitivity during the whitening process.
- We offer in-office treatments for ultra-rapid results as well as take-home trays that you use in the comfort of your home. Many patients choose to do both, starting with in-office laser whitening and then using at-home trays as needed to maintain their great results.
- If you have any questions about your treatment, we are just a phone call away and are here to help you achieve the best results possible.
Why are my teeth so resistant to whitening?
Are some of your teeth looking dull or discolored compared to your whiter, brighter smile after teeth whitening? It is important to note that some types of stains and discolorations are resistant to tooth whitening treatments, such as those caused by taking medications or fluorosis. Additionally, any dental restorations that you have, such as dental crowns, fillings, or bridges, cannot be whitened with tooth whitening treatments. Do not fret! We can work with you to determine the best plan for replacing them to blend in with your beautiful smile.