At Excel Dental, keeping each patient comfortable for every procedure is always top of mind. That’s why we offer certain amenities to make you feel more at home. For anyone who needs a little extra help relaxing while they are here, we can point to our two great dental sedation options in Ozark.Read Transcript
Sedation is a wonderful addition to our office. I love it because we're working with people in our sedation cases who are terrified to be here. This is the last place on the planet they would want to be. But they, like everyone else, run into dental issues. They have pain or they break teeth, or they just have ... really all along the board, we do implants under sedation, or wisdom teeth.
I mean, we can take people who are scared to be here, or people who aren't scared to be here but are doing a procedure they're scared to do, and we basically make it easy for them. It's as simple as taking a few pills and having someone else drive you to the office. And we'll take it from there.
It's easy to deliver. It makes the patient comfortable, and a lot of times when they're done, they look back, they say, ''You know, I don't even really remember being there, but I remember that everything seemed to go well. And I feel great now, and I'm glad it's all over. I don't have to go back through that again.''
It just kind of lowers the burden for most people to have dental care done, especially the things that they may be dreading.
- We’ll administer your dental sedation carefully and monitor your relaxation levels.
- We have sedation that suits your specific needs, regardless of age or fear.
- With sedation, we can meet you where you’re at and take you where you need to go.
Get Different Types of Sedation For Different Situations
From laughing gas, the mildest form of sedation dentistry, to oral sedation, we can provide dental sedation in Ozark for any number of situations, depending on your needs. This is what each type involves:
- Laughing gas is administered through a small mask you wear over your nose and produces a mild euphoria. It takes effect quickly and wears off quickly at the end, so you can conceivably drive yourself home. The levels are adjustable, and it is safe for patients of any age.
- Oral sedation comes to you as a prescribed medication. You simply take the pill before your appointment so you will be perfectly relaxed for the duration of your dental procedure. The effects last for a few hours, so it is always best to line up a ride for after your appointment.
Dental Sedation Helps With More Than Fear
Dental sedation options are great for folks experiencing dental anxiety or a flat-out fear of the dentist. Sedation is also helpful when you’re planning to participate in a lengthy procedure or receive multiple treatments in one convenient visit. Other scenarios where sedation is handy include:
- When you have an intense gag reflex
- If you can’t get sufficiently numb with local anesthesia
- If your treatment involves oral surgery
Because of its many applications, sedation is a viable option for just about every dental patient, including individuals with special needs. Our goal is to make dental care as comfortable and accessible as possible for each individual who visits our friendly office.
Whether you’re feeling anxious about your upcoming appointment or think you’ll have trouble not fidgeting during a lengthy procedure, our sedation options in Ozark can help! Call Excel Dental at 417-233-4280 to request laughing gas or oral sedation at your next visit. We’re located on West State Highway J, just off Farmer Branch Road.